Multiple Sclerosis and ALS Care
People with MS or ALS have options to remain safe and comfortable at home and receive the care they need!
At Retire-At-Home in Edmonton, Sherwood Park and St. Albert knows how devastating a diagnosis is for our clients. Whether you suffer from Multiple Sclerosis (MS) or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), our caregivers will be there to see you through it.
Home care is important with a diagnosis of MS or ALS to help manage some of the following symptoms:
- Dizziness, difficulty keeping your balance
- Drastic changes in your gait
- Short term memory loss
- Bladder dysfunction
- Bowel dysfunction
- Brain atrophy (detected via MRI)
- Slower information processing capabilities
- Problems with abstract reasoning
- Visual-spatial abilities weakened (e.g. driving).
Our caregivers are specifically trained in dealing with the symptoms of MS and ALS. Whether you’re at home or in the hospital, Retire-At-Home is here for you. Our care is available on a flexible basis and can change at any time, depending on your needs.
Retire-At-Home in Edmonton can help you manage your disease by providing:
- Personal Care
- Home Support and Housekeeping
- Companion Care
- Meal Preparation
- Outings and transportation, such as groceries or prescription pick up
- Nursing Care.