Palliative Care Edmonton
Palliative care is a specialized type of home care that focuses on treating people with a terminal illness. Since curing the disease is not possible at this point, the goal of palliative care is to alleviate the symptoms and minimize stress and discomfort.
Palliative care, also referred to as hospice care, is designed to improve the quality of life for patients and family members dealing with a life-threatening illness. This type of care is typically provided by professional home care agencies that specialize in palliative care.
A wide range of hospice care services are offered at Retire-At-Home. Services can be personalized to handle your unique circumstances.
Some Palliative Care Services in Greater Edmonton include:
- Pain management – treating symptoms to alleviate pain and discomfort
- Personal care – such as bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, skin care
- Nutrition and diet
- Housekeeping and meal prep
- Ongoing and open communication with family members as well as other health care professionals
- Assistance with home medical equipment and supplies if needed
- Continued monitoring of the situation, making any necessary adjustments
Palliative Care Treatments in Edmonton
The main focus of hospice care treatment is to reduce aches, irritation, soreness and any other disagreeable effects of the illness. Treatments are not only reserved for physical issues though. Treatment also focuses on physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects and implications of the disease.
Treatments can assist with:
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep issues
- Family concerns
- Transition and adjustment
- Coping with loss
- Legal matters like advance directives, power of attorney (POA), wills, trusts
Contact Us Today To Speak with a Home Care Specialist!