Palliative Care and Hospice Care
There comes a time when each one of us must say goodbye. Having the proper Palliative Care in place can help everyone get through this challenging time.
At Retire-At-Home in Edmonton, Sherwood Park and St. Albert, we understand how important it is to spend your final days in the comfort of your home surrounded by your family and friends. That’s why we offer customized Palliative Care Services that take place inside your home with our experienced Caregivers.
Our Palliative Care Services not only respects your privacy and dignity, it also provides you and your family with much needed respite and quality time together.
What is Palliative Care?
Palliative Care or Hospice Care is defined as the compassionate care of a patient and family when a cure is no longer possible. Our Palliative Care Services are designed to support those people in the final phases of a terminal illness, so they can focus on comfort and quality of life. Our Nurses and Caregivers deliver compassionate, holistic care that is meant to improve the client’s quality of life in its final stages.
Palliative Care strives to help clients and families:
- Address physical, psychological, social, spiritual and practical issues, and their associated expectations, needs, hopes, and fears;
- Prepare for and manage self-determined life closure and the dying process;
- Cope with loss and grief during the illness and bereavement.
Palliative Care aims to:
- Monitor and manage ongoing issues and concerns related to the client’s health and well-being;
- Provide preventative measures and continuity of care for complete comfort of the client;
- Promote opportunities for meaningful and valuable experiences, personal and spiritual growth, and self-actualization.
Our total care approach to Palliative Care and Hospice Care in Edmonton, Sherwood Park and St. Albert includes:
- Daily monitoring of the client’s health and revision of their care plan as needed;
- Assistance with pain management;
- Regular sponge bathing and personal care;
- Mouth care;
- Positioning and repositioning in bed to promote skin integrity;
- Monitoring of and assistance with dietary needs;
- Regular communication with palliative care doctors and other health professionals involved;
- Regular communication with family members;
- Assurance of the dignity, respect, and privacy of the client as per their direction and religious beliefs;
- Arrangements for Home Medical Equipment and Supplies;
- Assurance of consistency of care by filling in the gaps with public services.
Let our team of palliative care specialists manage the care of your loved one, day or night. With our support, you can spend much needed quality time with them and share your lifetime of memories one last time.
Contact Us Today To Speak with a Home Care Specialist!